* Depending on forecast condition.
Plan your trip to Val d’Isère
In a few months, weeks or days, you will be at Val d’Isère.
Find all information you need to organise your Val d’Isère ski holiday.
- 30km from Bourg Saint Maurice (40 min)
- 86km from Albertville (1h20)
- 135km from Chambéry (2h)
- 165km from Grenoble (2h14)
- 240km from Lyon (3h)
- 220km from Genève (3h)
The Iseran pass is closed during the winter season.
4 international airports
• Geneva (3h by car)
• Lyon (3h by car)
• Chambéry (2h by car)
• Grenoble (2h by car)
1 heliport with organised transfers.
The closest train station is at Bourg-Saint-Maurice (45 mins), which offers an excellent and frequent service including high-speed rail options (TGV, Eurostar, Thalys).
Book your bus transfer from Bourg Saint Maurice with Altibus.
From the airport or the neighboring resort, access Val d’Isère by air! Leave the stress of the road behind you and relax on a private helicopter flight with:
- Pure Ski Heliskiing Company (+33 6 12 69 81 82)
- SAF Hélicoptères (+33 4 79 38 48 29)
Transfers by bus or taxis
There are regular bus or private transfers (multilingual taxis) from the airports (Genève, Lyon, Chambéry) and train station in Bourg-St-Maurice.
Do not forget about carpooling, an ecologic and cheap way to come in Val d’Isère.
Find 4 “carpooling” stops around and in the village, allowing the stop to pick up or drop off a passenger:
- 1 stop at the La Daille bus stop, descending direction
- 1 stop at the bus station
- 1 stop at the piste roundabout
- 1 stop at Le Fornet near the gondola
Stopping at these locations is limited to 10 min. Please note that parking is prohibited and the driver must be in his vehicle.