From July 6th to 8th the heart of Val d`Isere will beat in time with trail runners!
The 5 races of the High Trail Vanoise® offer participants the opportunity of crossing some of the most beautiful terrain in the Tarentaise and Maurienne valleys.
– VERTICAL KM: this events starts off the 3-days of competitions as trailers take on the tough vertical ascent of Bellevarde Face.
Saturday 7th :
– THE HIGH TRAIL: The bravest runners will set off at 4am on Saturday morning to take on one of the most picturesque stages of the Skyrunner® World Series circuit: the longest race covers 70km and climbs over 5 400 m vertical. It represents the amazing possibility of racing over the Grand Motte glacier at an altitude of 3 653m.
– THE “TRAIL DES 6 COLS”: not to be undertaken lightly! It may cover fewer kilometres than the High Trail Vanoise but is seriously challenging (39km / 3200m V+)
– THE « BALCONS DE VAL D’ISÈRE » : A great introduction to trail racing through great scenery. 19km/1000m V+
– THE « FOULEES ODYSSEA » : A charity race in aid of breast cancer research covering 9 km and 300 m V+ for a worthy cause!
– PLAYSTATION TRAIL (junior trail) : There`s something for all ages of trail runners in Val d`Isere ! Open to children from 7 years so they may try their hand (or feet!) at trail running and maybe win a Playstation.
1.4km / 70 m V+ for 7 – 9 year olds and 10 – 11 year olds