The seasons in Val d’Isère
In winter, you can discover one of the most beautiful ski areas in the Alps and enjoy a unique playground: Tignes-Val d’Isère is more than 300km of slopes as well as splendid and accessible off-piste.
In summer, a vast pool of dazzling luminosity awaits you! Bordered by imposing mountains which send their sides cascading towards a bottom of the valley in gentle slopes. The proximity to the Parc de la Vanoise gives access to a vast area rich in alpine vegetation and wild animals.
Winter in Val d’Isère
Imagine a vast, radiant glen encircled by impressive, towering mountains whose snowy hillsides fall gracefully towards the valley below. With its wide variety of slopes, all well-marked out, equipped and thoroughly maintained, this immense area offers skiers a choice of around fifty peaks between altitudes of 2600 and 3800 metres.
In winter, Val d’Isère offers you a wide choice of activities such as dog sledding, electric mountain bike, ice floating, moonbike, snowmobile, aerial adventure tour, ice skating, etc. Val d’Isère is also full of trails for walking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. You can find the map of these routes here. Something to satisfy both the youngest and the oldest!
Find below our key dates for the winter season:
- The winter season and its activities: from November 27, 2021 to May 1, 2022
- Opening of the ski lifts: from November 27, 2021 to May 1, 2022
- Opening of the Aquasportif Center: from November 27, 2021 to May 1, 2022
- Closure of the Col de l’Iseran: from 5pm, September 23rd, 2022
Throughout the winter season, activities are offered in the resort: they can be both cultural (guided tour of the village, a farm, etc.) or sporting and fun (snake gliss, snooc, curling human, etc).
Don’t miss our highlights of the season: the Critérium de la Première Neige, the Magic of Christmas, the Classicaval Festival, the International Adventure and Discovery Film Festival, Altigliss, Scara race and many other events to punctuate your winter.
Summer in Val d’Isère
If the mountain is a great playground for winter sports, it is no less attractive in summer. Val d’Isère reveals incredible landscapes, between green valleys, glaciers, lakes and waterfalls!
In July and August the average day time temperature is over 20C, perfect for sunbathing and not too hot for hiking, biking, and the other sporting activities offer in this glorious setting on the edge of the Vanoise National Park. There’s lots to do and loads to see in the summer!
Find below our key dates for the summer season:
- The summer season and its activities: from June 4th to August 28th, 2022
- Opening of the Iseran mountain pass: May 31st, 2022
- Opening of the Bike park: from June 25th to August 28th, 2022
- Opening of summer skiing at the Pisaillas glacier: the snow conditions unfortunately do not allow the operation of the slopes and ski lifts for the opening of summer skiing.
Opening times of the mountain bikes / pedestrian lifts: from June 25th to August 28th, 2022
- Olympic cable car (mountain bikes and pedestrians)
- From June 25 to July 10: 9.45 am to 12 pm and from 12.30 pm to 4.50 pm (last descent: 4.50 pm).
- From July 11 to August 21: 9:45 am to 4:50 pm without interruption (last descent: 4:50 pm).
- August 22 to 28: 9:45 am to 12 pm and 12:30 pm to 4:50 pm (last descent: 4:50 pm).
- Borsat chairlift (reserved for mountain bikes)
- Link between Tignes and Val d’Isère, from 10:15 am to 12:30 pm and from 1 pm to 4:25 pm.
- Solaise gondola (reserved for pedestrians)
- From 9:45 am to 4:45 pm (last ascent at 4:30 pm and last descent at 4:45 pm).
Don’t miss our key events: the Iserane, High Trail Vanoise, and E-Bike Festival. Live an exceptional moment with our traditional Fornet villagge feast, help maintain the mountain clean with our Earth Day, and don’t miss our Vieux Val feast. Discover the mountain atmosphere at La Foire Avaline and the uses and customs of the resort with guided tours and mountain walks.
In Val d’Isère, passion has no boundaries. Teens, over-fifties, celebrities and champions... Everyone comes here for the best skiing out there."