The seasons in Val d’Isère
In winter, you can discover one of the most beautiful ski areas in the Alps and enjoy a unique playground: Tignes-Val d’Isère is more than 300km of slopes as well as splendid and accessible off-piste.
In summer, a vast pool of dazzling luminosity awaits you! Bordered by imposing mountains which send their sides cascading towards a bottom of the valley in gentle slopes. The proximity to the Parc de la Vanoise gives access to a vast area rich in alpine vegetation and wild animals.
Winter in Val d’Isère
Imagine a vast, radiant glen encircled by impressive, towering mountains whose snowy hillsides fall gracefully towards the valley below. With its wide variety of slopes, all well-marked out, equipped and thoroughly maintained, this immense area offers skiers a choice of around fifty peaks between altitudes of 2600 and 3800 metres.
In winter, Val d’Isère offers you a wide choice of activities such as dog sledding, electric mountain bike, ice floating, moonbike, snowmobile, aerial adventure tour, ice skating, etc. Val d’Isère is also full of trails for walking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. You can find the map of these routes here. Something to satisfy both the youngest and the oldest!
Find below our key dates for the winter season:
- The winter season and its activities: from December 3rd, 2022 to May, 2023
- Opening of the ski lifts: from November 27, 2021 to May 1, 2022
- “Night” opening of the Solaise gondola to access the Refuge de Solaise (hotel and restaurant): Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. (from December 8th, 2022)
- Opening of the Aquasportif Center: from December 3rd, 2022 to May 8th, 2023
- Closure of the Col de l’Iseran: end of October, 2022
Throughout the winter season, activities are offered in the resort: they can be both cultural (guided tour of the village, a farm, etc.) or sporting and fun (snake gliss, snooc, curling human, etc).
Don’t miss our highlights of the season: the Critérium de la Première Neige, the Magic of Christmas, the Classicaval Festival, the International Adventure and Discovery Film Festival, Altigliss, Scara race and many other events to punctuate your winter.
Summer in Val d’Isère
If the mountain is a great playground for winter sports, it is no less attractive in summer. Val d’Isère reveals incredible landscapes, between green valleys, glaciers, lakes and waterfalls!
In July and August the average day time temperature is over 20C, perfect for sunbathing and not too hot for hiking, biking, and the other sporting activities offer in this glorious setting on the edge of the Vanoise National Park. There’s lots to do and loads to see in the summer!
Find below our key dates for the summer season:
- The summer season and its activities: from July 1st to September 3rd, 2023
- Opening of the Iseran mountain pass: June, 2023
- Opening of the Bike park: from July 1st to September 3rd, 2023
- Opening of summer skiing at the Pisaillas glacier: from June 10th to July 7th, 2023
Opening times of the mountain bikes / pedestrian lifts: from July 1st to September 3rd, 2023
- Olympic cable car (mountain bikes and pedestrians)
- From June 25 to July 10: 9.45 am to 12 pm and from 12.30 pm to 4.50 pm (last descent: 4.50 pm).
- From July 11 to August 21: 9:45 am to 4:50 pm without interruption (last descent: 4:50 pm).
- August 22 to 28: 9:45 am to 12 pm and 12:30 pm to 4:50 pm (last descent: 4:50 pm).
- Borsat chairlift (reserved for mountain bikes)
- Link between Tignes and Val d’Isère, from 10:15 am to 12:30 pm and from 1 pm to 4:25 pm.
- Solaise gondola (reserved for pedestrians)
- From 9:45 am to 4:45 pm (last ascent at 4:30 pm and last descent at 4:45 pm).
Don’t miss our key events: the Iserane and High Trail Vanoise. Live an exceptional moment with our traditional Fornet villagge feast, help maintain the mountain clean with our Earth Day, and don’t miss our Vieux Val feast. Discover the mountain atmosphere at La Foire Avaline and the uses and customs of the resort with guided tours and mountain walks.
In Val d’Isère, passion has no boundaries. Teens, over-fifties, celebrities and champions... Everyone comes here for the best skiing out there."