Snow White has slipped on her thick winter coat! The lights are twinkling in the pine trees, lifts waking up from their long summer rest, locals bustling with activity in the resort and a certain sense of excitement can be felt in the village air. The launch of the 2019-2020 is just around the corner!
On Saturday November 30th come and enjoy the fresh snow that has fallen over the past few days and carve out your Premières Traces on the slopes of Val d’Isère.
The link with Tignes will be open, with a return trip on skis via the Tommeuse chairlift and Tovière gondola.
Slopes open in Tignes (snow cover permitting): Palet, Grande Motte, Aiguille Percée and Tovière, plus around twenty lifts.
Follow live lift opening info on the interactive piste map.
Projected lift opening
(May evolve according to snowfalls in progress)
- Fornet-Iseran-Pisaillas area
- Pont Abatte
- Aiguille Pers
- Trav. Arses
- Lac céma
- Solaise area
- Plan Millet
- St Jacques
- Lac Ouillette
- Lac Parc
- Trav. Laisinant
- Bellevarde area
- 3 J
- F. Froide
- Grand Pré
- Std Olympique
The Pont St Charles and Lac de l’Ouillette footpaths will be open.
- With the exception of Pont st Charles and the lac de l’Ouillette circuit, the footpaths will not have been groomed. It is impossible to reach the Manchet valley due to works in progress. Cross country skiers may glide around the Ouillette ring (weather permitting)
Free ski and board testing
From 9.30am on Saturday November 1st, all the top brands will be offering their skis and boards for free testing. Visit them in the test village on the Snowfront at the foot of the Solaise gondola.
We will have the pleasure of welcoming:
In order to test the equipment; you must sign up in advance at the test village or on line and you will be handed a free official tester card.
Don’t for get to bring along you own ski/board boots and poles.
To celebrate the first weekend of the season, lift passes are on sale at 49€ for the day (instead of the usual 61€ for Val d’Isère and Tignes)
Programme of festivities for Saturday:
- From 9am: test ski
- DJ set on the Snowfront with Dj OUSEDITE-OUSEBITE and musicians FUNKY BRASS in the test village.
- From 10am to 1pm : take a guided tour of the ski area with an ESF ski instructor
- 4.45pm: complimentary hot drinks and prize draw to win ski and board gear.
- 6pm: Live music with HOLLY POPPINS in the Tourist Office Square (funk-pop-rock-soul)
- 7pm : screening of board sport films at the Conference Centre in the presence of our freeride ambassador ( seats 5€ – Free for Premières Traces clients)