News on 16/09:
Mask is mandatory for anyone aged 11 and over throughout the department of Savoie:
- when it accesses rallies, meetings or activities organized on public roads, or in places open to the public creating a concentration of more than 10 people
- In markets, second-hand markets, sales or similar activitie
- In establishments, places or establishments whose access is subject to the presentation of the sanitary pass (museums and exhibition halls, library, media library)
- In the queues that would form at the beginning of establishments and stores
Wearing the mask does not apply:
- Persons with disabilities with a medical certificate
- To persons engaged in physical or sporting activity
- To persons travelling in private vehicles
- To two wheel users
News on 09/08/2021 :
The extended health pass is now active in France
What’s new ?
News on 26/07/2021 :
You can enter the tourist office without a sanitary pass. The Tourist Office is classified as W category 5 which means it does not have to follow the recent French Governmental decree.
However, please respect safety measures when inside
Village des Enfants children’s centre
No maximum capacity, no sanitary pass required for children under 18 years of age before September 30th
Please respect safety measures when inside
Aquasport Leisure Centre
Sanitary pass required
The only exception is if you enter the centre to book an outdoor activity
Events & Activities
Activities for less than 50 people: No sanitary pass required
Activites & events for more than 50 people.
. These are allowed outside in public spaces with no capacity restriction, no sanitary pass. Safety measures that are in place must be respected
. Events indoors with more than 50 people require a vaccination certificate
Maison de Val (Multi-media library, Cinema, etc.)
From July 26th
Sanitary pass required
Sanitary pass required for any meeting / event where over 50 people attend
News on 16/06/2021 :
Mask is not mendatory in town with less than 2000 ihnabitant.
News on 27/05/2021
– Masks must be worn while queueing and on ski lifts.
– Queues are organised in such a way to allow for social distancing.
– Hand sanitiser is available at the ski lifts.
– To ensure the safety of all, ski lift operators will be wearing a mask when they welcome you (but they’ll still be smiling!) and will regularly use hand sanitiser whilst working. Ski patrollers will carry out rescue operations in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
– Come and ski on the Pissaillas glacier this summer to make the most of the fresh air in Val d’Isère: you can take your mask off as you ski down the runs and breathe in the pure fresh air. And what’s more, the views are yours for the taking!
Covid-19 test information
Pharmacy will be open 7days/7days
Two Covid-19 testing centres will be available to test the population and thus better control the spread of the virus locally.
- The first Covid centre is located near the Médival office, reserved for people presenting symptoms or contact cases.
- A second centre is intended for people without symptoms wishing to be screened, located in rue Noël Machet and managed by the Solaise pharmacy team (antigenic test). Make an appointment directly at the pharmacy, with your carte vitale for 100% care. Results communicated within the day.Orientation testAsymptomatic detectionDoctor visit
Health & safety measures for Covid-19
The whole village of Val d’Isère is now geared towards providing the most secure health and safety condition for holidaymakers.
This summer, Val d’Isère is striving to offer optimum health and hygien conditions for its visitors and staff. We have implemented strict hygien and cleaning protocols, and are doing everything we can do to ensure that all national guideline are adhered to in public spaces : social distancing, markers on the floor, plexiglass screen, and hand sanitiser dispansers have been provided. Face mask must be worn by everyone aged 11 and over in the shuttle buses, hire shops and all of the resort’s public spaces. The most frequently touched public surfaces, as well as any shared spaces in accomodations and shops, are regularly disinfected.
Since August 2020 Val d’Isère Tourisme and its offshoots (Tourist Office, the Aqua-Sports Leisure Centre and the Congress Centre) have been awarded an AFNOR certificate for its anti-covid safety measures. Val d’Isère Tourism prioritises the health and wellbeing of its staff and clients. Additional facilities (children village and the skating rink) will be checked from December 2020 for this certification.
Accommodation cancellation conditions
(updated on 14/09/2021)
As part of the Covid-19 health crisis, the cancellation conditions for the Val d’Isère Reservation Center are relaxed for the winter of 2021-2022.