Val d’Isère is getting ready to welcome you !
The village and the mountain, the pure fresh air await you. Various activities will be on offer, many shops will be open, restaurants will offer take-away meals … Here is an update on the current situation.
The ski lifts are expected to be closed (to skiers and pedestrians alike) until the end of the Christmas holidays.
an update will be given regarding the ski resort opening.
Mountain professionals are lobbying the government.
- Médiathèque open every day except on Saturday.
- The Maison de Val, offers an exhibition on «Le Dahu et autres animaux merveilleux», in the Media Library and an exhibition on «La voix des cloches» in the lobby of the Maison de Val.Enjoy your free time on the resort to discover the history of Val d’Isère . A guided tour of the heritage will be offered by the Foundation for International Cultural Action in Mountains (FACIM).Themes:Once upon a time Christmas in Val d’Isère
Once upon a time Val d’IsèreAlso discover the village through the visit of the bells of the church of St Bernard de Menthon, the visit of the farms in the mountains, and the visit of the ancestral village of Fornet. (reservation at the Tourist Office).
Activities on offer
We will maintain some activities to entertain our customers, these will be staged at different times throughout the day. The program is currently being worked on. Find out more
Christmas schedule program :
- Magie de Noël from December 19th to 26th (christmas tree, sculpture on ice, exhibition, nature walk…)
- Santa Claus parade on his chart (to respect social distancing)
- Activities on snow front (reservation required at the Tourisme Office– 30 people maximum)
- Toboggan run on snow front (depending on snow cover)
- Children village with severals activities set up bu ESF school
Transport & Parking
- Shuttles in Val d’Isère
- Parkings in Val d’Isère : open and charged
Take-away and click & collect services available from restaurants and bars (delivery until 10.30pm)
Shops that are open
Most of the shops will be open for Christmas holidays (and from December 15th) : food, ski rental, ski shops, florist, laundrette, baker, optician… All the detail here.
- Hotel 5* : La Mourra
- Avancher hôtel :ouvert à partir de vendredi 22/01 , Nuit+ petit déjeuner (salon, institut, room service… )
- Hôtel le Bellier
- Hôtel le Tsanteleina
Others accomodations (apartments, chalets, private rentals) open.
Opening of Tourist Office
Tourism office meet you from December 7th
Village will be available and open for everybody
Pharmacy will be open 7days/7days
Two Covid-19 testing centres will be available to test the population and thus better control the spread of the virus locally.
- The first Covid centre is located near the Médival office, reserved for people presenting symptoms or contact cases.
- A second centre is intended for people without symptoms wishing to be screened, located in rue Noël Machet and managed by the Solaise pharmacy team (antigenic test). Make an appointment directly at the pharmacy, with your carte vitale for 100% care. Results communicated within the day.
All the detail on healthcare protocole